A CASA Volunteer provides a judge with carefully researched background of the child to help the court make a sound decision about that child’s future.
Each home placement case is as unique as the child involved. The CASA Volunteer helps determine if it is in a child’s best interest to return to his or her parents or guardians, stay in foster care, or be freed for permanent adoption.
The CASA Volunteer follows through on the case until it is permanently resolved.
We do training three times a year, spring/summer/fall to better fit your schedule!
Being an Advocate not for you?
Here are some other ways you can be a part of CASA:
- BECOME A CASA VOLUNTEER
- SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT THE NEED FOR VOLUNTEERS
- INVITE CASA TO SPEAK TO YOUR CHURCH GROUP OR CLUB
- FOLLOW CASA ON FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM
- VOLUNTEER YOUR TIME AT A CASA FUNDRAISER; EX. JUSTICE IS SERVED OR BUY TICKETS FOR OUR ANNUAL SUMMER RAFFLE
- BUY A CASA SHIRT AND WEAR IT PROUDLY IN YOUR COMMUNITY. WHEN SOMEONE ASKS ABOUT IT, TELL PEOPLE ALL ABOUT CASA!
- OFFER YOUR CLERICAL SKILLS TO HELP MAINTAIN FILES OR STUFF ENVELOPES IN THE CASA OFFICE
- PRAY FOR, AND ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO PRAY FOR CASA AT YOUR PLACE OF WORSHIP
- DO YOU HAVE ACCESS TO A ROOM THAT COULD HOST MEETINGS, RETREATS, OR TRAINING SESSIONS? OFFER IT TO CASA!
- CHOOSE CASA AS YOUR CHARITABLE RECIPIENT WHEN YOU SHOP AMAZON SMILE
- MAKE A TAX-DEDUCTIBLE GIFT TO CASA. EVEN EARN TAX CREDITS. EVERY AMOUNT HELPS!
- ATTEND OUR ANNUAL JUSTICE IS SERVED EVENT IN JANUARY AND/OR DONATE A CAKE TO OUR POPULAR DESSERT AUCTION
- SUPPORT UNITED WAY. CASA IS A UNITED WAY PARTNER.
- DONATE GAS AND RESTAURANT GIFT CARDS TO HELP ADVOCATES VISIT THEIR CHILDREN PLACED AT A DISTANCE
- PUT OUR BROCHURES IN YOUR BUSINESS/OFFICE/CHURCH
Be in the CASA know
Take a look at our quarterly newsletter.
Join Mailing list
Stay up to date
CASA news, stories of our volunteers, and upcoming events and opportunities to support CASA and Franklin and Gasconade County foster children.